Here is what Fresh Hope is offering during this unprecedented time of stress, uncertainties, and anxiety:
- Every Monday at 8.30 p.m. Central Time Pastor Brad is hosting a Facebook Live Event entitled, “Mental Health Mondays.” He’s covering topics such as anxiety, grief, and trauma, etc. To participate, go to the Fresh Hope for Mental Health Facebook page and scroll down, and you’ll see it there. (Each week, the replay on demand for it is also on the Fresh Hope for Mental Health Facebook page under the video section.
2. Three times a week, we are offering a two-hour session entitled: “Healing the Distress Caused by the COVID-19 Crisis.” The material was created by the Trauma Healing Institute, which is part of the American Bible Society. It’s a two-hour free session in which the participants have the opportunity to work through any anxiety, fears, concerns, trauma, grief that they may be experiencing due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. To register for this session, click here.
3. We will also be providing the same “Healing the Distress Cause by the COVID-19 Crisis” for Children very soon. To receive notice of when we begin to offer the children’s sessions, please text the word children to (415) 528-7403, and we’ll get you the information as soon as it is available.
4. We also have created a special free downloadable for the ongoing crisis entitled “Managing Coronavirus Anxiety,” which can be downloaded by clicking here.
5. Fresh Hope is also offering a series of six mental health from a Christian perspective type of snippet that pastors and ministry leaders can provide their members and community. Pastors may request to receive these snippets weekly by texting the word interview to 415-528-7403. These snippets are free and may be used; however, the pastor and ministry leaders see fit to use them. It’s our desire to help the pastors and ministry leaders to help their members and their community to stay emotionally healthy during this time of isolation.
6. Here are a few of our Fresh Hope for Mental Health podcasts (www.FreshHope4MentalHealth.com) that we believe that are helpful during this time:
- 8 Things to Remember in Tough Times
- What to Do When You are Overwhelmed
- Finding Hope in the Midst of Pain
- What NOT to Do When You are Sad
- Music for Your Soul as You Go Through Difficult Times
- How to Choose Hope
- How Joyful People Think
We of course continue will continue to offer our online Fresh Hope support groups and most of our local groups that used to meet in person are now meeting online also. People can register for our regular weekly online group meeting by going to www.FreshHopeMeeting.com